Description: Our laboratory specializes in the production and analysis of proteins of biotechnological interest. It has a highly capable staff, as well as the necessary tools to support and complement the bioinformatics research that has been developed in our unit. At present is giving support to basic science grant (Fondecyt) and R+D grants (Fondef, FIC).
- Microorganism culture.
- Gene cloning.
- Site-directed mutagenesis.
- Overexpression and purification of proteins.
- Enzyme analysis.
- Study of transcription factors through EMSA (electrophoretic mobility shift assay).
- Optic microscopy.
- Electronic microscopy (SEM and TEM)
- Bio-reactor Winpact, FPLC Äkta Prime.
- Low voltage electronic microscopy LVEM5 Delong.
- Cultivation chambers.
- Biosafety chambers.
- Electrophoresis chambers.
- Design and production of enzymes of biotechnological interest.
- Study of Ion channels.
- Study of metalloproteins.
- Extremophiles microorganism analysis.
- Characterization of nanoparticles.
- Among others.
Director: Mauricio Antonio Arenas Salinas / firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal laboratorist: Yerko Argandoña